As much as you may not want it, time alone can heal your mind and spirit; as long as you use this time alone positively.
Some mornings you may wake up and feel numb, sad and want to cling to others to attempt to perk your mood up. But what you really need to do, is step back, understand the cause of your emotions and instead of dwelling on them all day, let them pass and give yourself time to heal.
This isn’t just true for people who may wake up in pain due to their mental illness. This is true of each and everyone of us.
I know in today’s world that can be hard to do. It can be hard to find the time to find time to sit with yourself. But it is important you make an event of it. An evening, a morning. Whenever.
- Watch one of your favourite TV shows that only inspires happiness within you.
- Listen to some music and belt your heart out.
- Write down your feelings and then put them away.
- Read a book you’ve read 10000 times, or find a new one to investigate.
- Go for a run, a walk, kick a football around a park.
- Bake something.
- Drive somewhere out the city.
- Get on a train somewhere.
- Something you enjoy doing.
Time with yourself as if you were your own best friend.
Sometimes we just need to stop our world from spinning in order to catch up with ourselves.
Always make time, for a little you time.